Unlike your typical digital marketing guy, I'm a full-stack digital marketer with strong business and technical acumen.
As a result of the many hats I worn in my career — IT admin, web designer, web developer, digital marketer, I have a unique ability to manage multidisciplinary projects and to maneuver complex challenges.
“There are no men like me. Only me.” Jaime Lannister on Episode 10: “Fire and Blood”, Game of Thrones Season 1
I’m fortunate that I’ve worn many hats in my career – I’ve built websites (ASP, PHP) from scratch and connected them to the databases I built (MS Access, MySQL). I’ve worked in a startup where ad spend was 100% digital and my role was to drive traffic with the lowest CPC, I’ve optimized brand websites for search engines, I’ve done arduous keywords research and written the most compelling text ads and creative banner ads.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
Like Gandhi, my first boss has always inspired me to never stop learning. I carried that motto until today. I’m also fortunate to gain working experience from various online portals in which the end-to-end part helped a lot — I usually reported the problem, but I was usually the problem solver.
2014 - Present
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and various agencies to develop digital strategy for Maxis and Hotlink
- Manage overall digital media budget for Maxis and Hotlink
- Improve engagement rate on social media for Maxis and Hotlink
- Drive leads and conversion rate for Maxis and Hotlink
2012 - 2014
- Responsible for top line consumer metrics across the group (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, CommercialAsia)
- Developed clear traffic acquisition strategy across the group
- Worked closely with internal team (product owners and developers) and external SEO & SEM vendors to execute off-page and on-page SEO strategies and SEM tactics
- Worked closely with internal mobile team (product owners and developers) to implement mobile SEO strategies for iProperty and Rumah123’s mobile web sites
2010 - 2012
- Managed the traffic to iProperty.com Malaysia through mix of online marketing campaigns including PPC, SEO and Social Media
- Managed the current vendor relationships and worked closely with vendors to generate efficient link-building strategy
- Provided SEO guidance and recommendation across the Group (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, CommercialAsia.)
- Managed and successfully optimized Google AdWords PPC campaigns for Malaysia (iProperty.com Malaysia, ThinkProperty) and Indonesia (Rumah123.com and Rumahdanproperti.com)